Kalayaan actors from left to right: Luis Alandy, Ananda Everingham, Zanjoe Marudo
KALAYAAN (Wildlife) is a Filipino indie movie from acclaimed director Adolf Alix Jr. and stars Thai celebrity, Laotian-Australian actor Ananda Everingham (Shutter, Me…Myself). Also starring in this flick about a look into the lonely lives of Filipino soldiers stationed in the Spratly Islands are Filipino model-actor Zanjoe Marudo and Luis Alandy.
Development of the film started since way back 2008 when I met up direk Adolf during the Bangkok International Film Festival. He was in talks with Ananda at that time and eventually met up with him (photo and blog entry of meeting up Ananda HERE) when we were introduced by Adolf at Centralworld.
Aside from receiving US$ 10,000 grant from Global Film Initiative, the movie also earlier received script development support from the Hubert Bals Fund of the International Film Festival Rotterdam and PORNO which was part of the Hongkong-Asia Film Financing Forum.
With all the supports received from various international non-profit film organizations, I am sooooooo looking forward to watch this very timely movie. Stay tuned for further developments and release dates.
These are the actual Facebook Wall-to-Wall messages that my Thai friend Mon and I exchanged with yesterday:
The point is, if a non-Filipino citizen can relate or feel the beauty of a film even though the audio sounds strange to him/her, what more for us Tagalog speakers? I thought to myself, if only my Thai friend is in Manila right now, he wouldn’t have second thoughts of watching a genuine indie film that has a story, a value and most especially, a heart that would endear and remind us that when it comes to love, there’s no gender, preference or politics required—only love.
“Muli” will be shown in selected theaters on September 22 with an R-18 rating without cuts from the MTRCB. Watch the full trailer here.
Mga Mahahalagang Paalala Mula Kay MADAME CHARING
- Tawagan ang jowa (kung meron) o mga kabarkadingan at yayain silang samahan kayong mag-marathon ng “Muli” at “Magdamag”
- I-dial ang mga numerong 09085724737 o 09052907989 upang magpareserba ng mga tiket
- Huwag kalimutang tandaan na mas makatitipid kayo ng P40 kung dalawang pelikula ang inyong panonoorin kesa sa isa lang
- Ihanda ang inyong mga sarili (magpaganda, magpabongga, atbp.) bukas ng Biyernes, ika-13 ng Agosto dahil malay nyo, dun nyo lang pala makikita ang inyong mga future papa
- Ang hindi manuod, hindi suswertihin sa pag-ibig. . . . . . . . . . . .charing!